The Storage Pod - Tips & Advice
Tips & Advice
- Rent the smallest Pod you need and pack it full.
- Using packing accessories such as bubblewrap, boxes, mattress and furniture covers will maintain and protect your goods whilst in storage.
- Keep the items you’re most likely to need to access until last so they’re closest to the door.
- Use your space well. Boxes can be put into wardrobes, and many sofas can rest on their ends.
- A box for everything and everything in a box” is the best way to store. (Using boxes that are uniform and stacking them shoulder high maximize the space)
- Group smaller items together and mark the boxes.
- Use wardrobe boxes for hanging clothing. This will save you a fortune in dry cleaning bills.
- Heavier items should be stored in smaller boxes.
- Fill your boxes to the top even if you have to pack them with padding. Boxes that are half full may collapse if anything is stacked on top of them.
- If you have a large Pod, be sure to create walkways between stacks of boxes to allow easy access.
- When moving house, pack boxes and label room by room. (This makes unpacking much easier and quicker!).
- Keep an inventory of all items stored in your Pod. (Polaroids and descriptions are helpful reminders too).
- Avoid putting heavy or sharp objects on top of upholstered furniture.
- Use acid-free paper instead of newspaper – newspaper can stain
- Remove batteries to avoid them leaking.
- A spray of furniture polish on your wooden furniture will provide added protection.
- Use a good quality lock on your pod door.
- Insure your goods for their replacement value!
CALL US NOW ON 01932 353 700 TO FIND OUT
ABOUT OUR COMPETITIVE PERSONAL AND BUSINESS STORAGE PRICES